Friday, September 10

Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD)

Radio talk show host Dave Ross thinks that he’d do a good job in the 8th district’s open Congressional seat. He decided to join the already crowded race after a poll initiated by the State Democratic Party indicated that Ross had 80% name recognition in the district, and some chance at winning the seat given enough effort. He believes that he’d be able to reach across both sides of the aisle, and points to long experience as both a journalist and talk radio host as an indicator of his ability to talk with people, and not just past them.

As a foreign policy priority, Ross says that the U.S. should make sure that we’re marketing our culture as effectively as Islamists are spreading theirs. He says that foreign aid is too low, and that the U.S. isn’t competing with other country’s cultural centers. From some perspectives, he says that the U.S. “looks to many countries like a money-grubbing, materialistic culture with no morals,” even though allowing people to be free isn’t the same as sanctioning their lifestyles. He says the U.S. should be reminding people that it doesn’t have territorial ambitions.

Ross cites the State Department as saying that the way to win in the Middle East is to tell them that policy is changing, and that the U.S. won’t support despots anymore. He says there are some improvements in smaller countries in the region that have the beginnings of democracy, and are moving towards more freedom and equal rights. Yet he says they see the U.S. supporting Cold War allies with little regard for human rights, and they blame the U.S. for bad conditions.

Ross now says that Iraq didn’t pose a sufficient threat; that the U.S. should not have gone without more solid financial support, and should have waited until Saddam got impatient and created an excuse. He says he doesn’t know how he would have handled it if he were in Congress. Ross believed that the evidence looked solid before the war, and he thought the administration wouldn’t dare get the intelligence wrong. At the time, he says the president implied that the resolution would garner international support, giving him a strong hand at the U.N. Now he says that Senator Patty Murray’s speech against the war “sounds better and better the more you play it,” and he says he wished that he’d given it.

Currently, Ross says that Iraq and the war on terror have become the same, with the war in Iraq becoming a rallying cry for terrorist recruitment. He says the war “made [the terrorists’] commute shorter.” Ross says he doesn’t think Saddam was the kind of person who would share power or weapons, and that it’s probably more important to prevent the abandoned Russian nuclear arsenal from falling into the wrong hands. Another consequence he says came from the Iraq war in that North Korea seems to have learned the lesson that the way to keep the U.S. from attacking you is to have nuclear weapons.
Domestically, Ross’ positions are similarly wide-ranging.

For healthcare reform, Ross says that a “critical mass of frustration” is necessary before reform is possible. He says that right now, many people think they won’t get sick and don’t want insurance. He proposes that doctors should accept credit card payments that would be tagged as a medical expenses, and at the end of the year, government should reimburse those expenses on a sliding scale.

Ross opposes what he says seems to be the position of some unions that laws should be made to stop outsourcing. He says that corporations always get around laws preventing the export of jobs, and what’s important is to create new industries and repurpose the existing workforce. As an example, he says that Boeing employees could be put to work building rapid transit. Going forward though, he says it’s important to educate people better, that you can’t tell people a high school education is enough anymore. Yet Ross expects increases in college tuition to continue. He says the United States is the envy of the world in higher education, and the government can’t guarantee the money for everyone to go.

Along those lines, Ross says, “Everybody’s in favor of [education], but nobody wants to pay for it.” He says it’s necessary to fund good schools in order to face increasing global competition. He opposes federal legislation that imposes costs on schools without providing the funding to pay for them, and also believes that education should be managed as close to the classroom as possible. He opposes the way standardized testing is being used in the state as more of a penalty than an educational tool.

Ross offers charter schools and greater flexibility as solutions to current problems in K-12 education, especially the care of disabled students. He says that schools should be able to pull disruptive or disabled children out of mainstream classrooms where they can jeopardize the learning process. Ross suggests that the funding for special needs education should be a national responsibility, instead of telling school districts whose students have extremely expensive cases, “too bad.” He says that charter schools could also be set up with teachers who specialized in care for disabled students, and that a charter school system wouldn’t end up leaving them out.

Environmental protection is another issue Ross says everybody is in favor of, but doesn’t want to pay for. He says the “burden of proof should be on people who want to pump bad stuff into the air, not those of us who don’t want to breathe it.” Yet he also believes that consumer responsibility is an important component of environmental protection, as reflected in choices about things like fertilizing lawns, buying highly packaged food, and car choices. He says that if dealerships were mobbed for hybrids like the Toyota Prius he drives, every manufacturer would have hybrid cars.

On affirmative action, Ross says that everybody should get their chance. He suggested that instead of changing standards, recruiters should look farther afield, and make a deliberate effort to recruit anyone who might have talent. He says that race is still a qualification for minority community policing, sting operations, and is sometimes used by schools looking for a certain mix. Ross noted that the successful 1998 Washington State ballot initiative opposing affirmative action had made an exception for law enforcement purposes, and said he thought it was odd that it was okay to use affirmative action to entrap someone, but not to help them.

Ross speaks about social issues like faith-based social funding, gay rights and abortion in terms of faith, but says that “nothing destroys a church like giving it state power.”

Ross says that he sees no problem with faith-based programs, that no one is compelled to use them if they don’t want to, and that they might have some good ideas. He says that money would be going to organizations responsible for showing results, not to churches, and that these organizations need to keep records and be evaluated. He says “you have to decide if you want to help people or make a political point.”

Ross described a Constitutional amendment to prohibit gay marriage as “a ridiculous idea.” He compared it to endorsing gay promiscuity, and said he thought that religious people opposed promiscuity. Ross believes there’s no need for the government to either insist churches accept them, or take away people’s rights to enter a “solid, monogamous relationship.”

Ross, a Catholic, says he understands the concern religious people have about abortion. He says they think “God will punish America with fire because of the large number of abortions. And what I ask them is, ‘are you sure that outlawing it will reduce the number of abortions? Because if it doesn’t, God will still punish us with fire. …If you cover up the problem, he’ll still see it.’ …They think passing a law will avoid God’s wrath.”

Ross doesn’t think the anti-choice side is being upfront. He says that if they’re talking about giving full rights at the moment of conception, they should demand that conception certificates are issued. That if there’s no birth after nine months, a missing person investigation should begin, and without a satisfactory the mother be arrested and tried for murder. He says the problem is that laws against abortion probably won’t work and that they only affect half the population. Ross says that he doesn’t personally support abortion, wryly declaring that he “would never have one.”

As to making adherence to Catholic doctrine on abortion a political issue, Ross says that God is also against murder. He said, “the Pope spoke out against the Iraq war. Perhaps we should deny communion to every politician who supported that.”

To find out more, visit his website.

44 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about card college credit student. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on card college credit student and it brought me to your blog on Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD). The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog N asha and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this blog certainly is not about card college credit student. What the heck! I guess the internet can play some tricks on us sometimes. I have been on-line for two hours
researching card college credit student and came tumbling across your blog. I LOVE IT! I needed a break from card college credit student anyways :-) If you don't mind I want to add your
blog to my favorites list so I can come back later on and read some more stuff. Well I guess I should get back to researching card college credit student.
Even though my search is not on Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD) I am glad I came across your blog. Keep blogging away!

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about att card credit universal. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on att card credit universal and it brought me to your blog on Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD). The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog N asha and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog N asha. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of card credit fleet and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on card credit fleet. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD) again!!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog N asha. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of att card credit universal and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on att card credit universal. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD) again!!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about card credit fleet. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on card credit fleet and it brought me to your blog on Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD). The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog N asha and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey did you know you can get a free ipod pretty easily?
just go to www.getipodsforfree.com, sign up and do an offer

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog N asha. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of airline card credit and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on airline card credit. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD) again!!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there N asha, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on fleet credit card I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for fleet credit card. Should the need ever arise where you need information on fleet credit card then drop by for a look.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on small business credit card when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for small business credit card. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about small business credit card at the site above.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on credit card debt management, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about credit card debt management.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there N asha, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on college student credit card I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for college student credit card. Should the need ever arise where you need information on college student credit card then drop by for a look.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there N asha, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on 0 interest credit card I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for 0 interest credit card. Should the need ever arise where you need information on 0 interest credit card then drop by for a look.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on accept credit card online I somehow ended up on your page. As your Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD) is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about accept credit card online, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on credit card debt management when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for credit card debt management. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about credit card debt management at the site above.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha...Wow! While I was searching for info on accept credit card online I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for accept credit card online. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about accept credit card online.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha...Wow! While I was searching for info on 0 interest credit card I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for 0 interest credit card. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about 0 interest credit card.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha...Wow! While I was searching for info on accept credit card online I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for accept credit card online. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about accept credit card online.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quelle est la meilleure mani�re d'aller avec ceci ?Sincerely, Linda credit counseling los angeles

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tandis que je recherchais des blogs, j'ai trouv� le v�tre. J'ai un sur le california debt consolidation loan aussi bien mais pas presque aussi bon que le v�tre.Adieu, Domonique california debt consolidation loan

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik veronderstel iedereen een idee heeft van wat ik over spreek.With Respect, Ouida california consolidation debt free

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With personal debt in the US at an unprecidented level, the good news is that help is at hand for those carrying the burden, in the form of the US Debt Help Manual, produced by the (PRWEB) October 2005__The US Debt Help Manual, produced by The Debt Counsellors. is a free, no_nonsense guide.
If your site is of similar interest contact me and link sites.
Debt Resources Services.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you struggle with bad credit, credit card debt, or are facing bankruptcy, our bankruptcy/dect counselling resources can help you understand your finances better and help you improve your financial standing. If your site is of simmilar interest contact me and link sites.
Debt Resources Services.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With personal debt in the US at an unprecidented level, the good news is that help is at hand for those carrying the burden, in the form of the US Debt Help Manual, produced by the (PRWEB) October 2005__The US Debt Help Manual, produced by The Debt Counsellors. is a free, no_nonsense guide.
If your site is of similar interest contact me and link sites.
Debt Resources Services.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debt reduction can be done in many different ways. A recent method being used is to buy some debt reduction software.You can purchase debt reduction software online or at a computer software store. The software usually comes with a debt reduction calculator to help you decipher how quickly your debt will be paid off in accordance to your monthly balance payments. Similarly, there are also debt reduction books you can purchase at your local bookstore. The best route for help with debt reduction is to go see a credit counseller or a debt reduction counsellor.
If your site is of similar interest contact me and link sites.
Debt Resources Services.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many reputable debt management companies can help you deal with your debt problems. You can work with a credit counsellor to create your own plan to pay off bills.
If your site is of similar interest contact me and link sites.
Debt Resources Services.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

What are these blogs all about anyway? I was surfing looking for corporate gift basket when I ended up here. Back to the relentless searching for corporate gift basket.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm just a retiree from Ohio cruising around the net and looking for interesting
blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hello. Great job.

Regards,
Denni


debt consolidation loan uk

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm just a retiree from New Jersey surfing around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hello. Keep up the
good work here.

Regards,
Jim


free canada debt consolidation

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Non so mai se sto ottenendo lo skinny sulla free credit card debt legal advice in texas, ma la maggior parte di che cosa leggo sui blogs come questo sembra verificare.Truly, Norine free credit card debt legal advice in texas

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i had $1.oo everytime i heard someone say "I don't like change or, change makes me uncomfortable" I'd be a millionaire by now.
Link to this site: u.s small business administration
http://small-businesses.info/

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Blog. It's nice. Here's a subject that may interest you; California mortgage quote http://thehomemortgageguide.com New Information revealed! California mortgage quote

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been searching for bad credit home loan mortgage se for a while and finally came across something worth reading. Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD) is not exactly what I was looking for, but as I said it was something worth reading. N asha, I appreciate the information and would like to encourage you to keep up the good work. I hope I come across more great reads in my quest for bad credit home loan mortgage se.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

N asha, I want to thank you for this post. I was nearing the end of my rope in my search for bad credit mortgage illinois, and even though Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD) didn't exactly meet my needs, it was such a worthwhile read that it gave me some more energy to continue. Thanks again. I can only hope to find more gems in my search for bad credit mortgage illinois.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello I like your site.
I was seaching the internet for sites then stoped here to take a look.

Cheers,
Gerg
things to consider when buying business insurance coverage
http://opportunity-center.net/

Regards,
Gerald E.
http://opportunity-center.net/
things to consider when buying business insurance coverage

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Entertaining and informative material, keeping up the good work.

Thank You,

dog game lover

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked at several sites during this search but yours was the best I found on this subject. Keep up the good work.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there N asha, I’m out surfing for a good blog experience on 12income and found your great site. Although Dave Ross (D WA-8th CD) wasn’t exactly what I’m looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your excellent blog-site when I was searching for 12income related web sites and I’m glad I found your site even though its not an exact match. Excellent Post, thank you for the read.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try to get chase-toys-r-us-visa-card for secure online account access that let's you view and pay your bill online? FREE.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog. I'll tell you what beats club football liverpool memorabilia, what beats club football liverpool memorabilia is WWW.FREEPREMIERSHIP.COM. This site really is the best free soccer site in the world. It features all the Premiership teams for live streaming football games including Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Manchester United, Bolton Wanderers, Aston Villa, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Wigan Athletic, Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur, Charlton Athletic, Portsmouth, West Ham, Reading and Sheffield United.

FREEPREMIERSHIP.COM also features Rangers and Celtic from the Scottish SPL as well as the latest soccer scores from around the world. Check out the latest football news as well for your favourite Premiership team.

You can even buy your favourite Premiership soccer team's club credit card from www.freepremiership.com or www.coolcreditcards.co.uk

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chesapeake image image ohio rail rail railway

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home