Tuesday, September 14

News & Comment

This past Saturday, Kerry gave the Democrats' radio address, on the anniversary of 9-11.

Paul Krugman's Tuesday op-ed talks about how the situation on the ground in Iraq is putting the country in danger, and why Kerry should say so, loudly and often.

Over at Seeing the Forest, there's a post on what 'character' means in political terms, the story of how rightwing rumors become news (also mentioned in this LA Times forgery claim timeline), and a pointer to excerpts of a prescient story written in 1935.

In a long overdue development, Talk Left informs us that U.S. prison inmates can sue prison officials over rape in cases where there's evidence that officials allowed abuse or refused to investigate complaints.

The Stakeholder says that even moderate Republicans are impatient with the administration's refusal to implement the 9-11 commission's recommendations, but wonders if that's the only thing that's tickled their consciences.

Pandagon: The truth about trial lawyers. If this story is correct, then the man who pulled strings to get Bush into the guard was later able to blackmail him into granting a government contract to a company he represented in exchange for his silence.

The Sideshow with a meaty entry on what compassionate conservatism means in practice.

Ms. Musings on the current face of feminism.

Under the Same Sun on how marketing turns kids into users.

In case you didn't hear on the Daily Show, Robert Novak now believes that reporters should reveal their sources. Unless, I'm guessing, that reporter is him, and the source in question is a highly placed member of the Bush administration who publicly revealed the name of CIA agent along with a CIA front company for good measure.

MyDD notes that IBM confirms Bush documents could have been produced on their typewriters.

Matt Yglesias shares a Libertarian's case against Bush, and his security issues reading list.

Yglesias also pointed to a Talking Points Memo post on Bush's jump in the polls that, as Matt says, is almost certainly right.

Atrios notes that Bush has been lying about his service record for years, links to an op-ed in PC Magazine where a typography geek explains patiently that being able to imitate a document in MSWord doesn't mean that only MSWord could have produced it, and points to someone who knows what they're talking about when they speak of Bush administration incompetence. Of the many stunning notes in that last article, this one made me jump in my seat:

...Astonishingly, according to information the commission received between the writing of the staff reports and the final report, the secretary of defense, upon learning of the two attacks in New York, simply returned to the work he had already been doing in his Pentagon office. ...



I think we'd all be happy if the comments of this Kos diarist made it into the Kerry campaign's talking points:

"Mr. president, Colin Powell told you about this war that 'if you break it, you own it.' And now you're going around talking about an 'ownership society.' Well, Mr. President, let me tell you what you own. A million jobs lost. You own that. A thousand soldiers lost. You own that. 1.4 million new people living below the poverty line. You own that. 1.2 million less people covered by health insurance. You own that. A seventeen percent medicare increase. You own that. Health care costs skyrocketing. You own that. The tax burden increasing amongst the middle class. You own that. Mr. President, if you want to talk about an ownership society, let's talk about what you own."



Just about sums it up.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. Love the title, "News & Comment" Come by my site some time. It's got increase semen volume related stuff.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mortgage articles for refinance mortgage home loans

2:32 PM  
Blogger safelists said...

Hi N asha, If you would like to send your ad to the best opportunity seekers please click here Safelist.
http://www.submitterbizz.com
Safelist

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha, I was just browsing the web for sites that have something about love and romance and I found your blog. It’s really nice. As for love topics, I’d like to tell you about http://top-personals.net, this is an useful guide for singles looking for .

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here N asha, searching for info on house training dog I just stumbled across you. Although News & Comment is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on house training dog and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog I intend to bookmark you, thanks for the read.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha,
great info on your blog News & Comment I was really looking for information in more detail on acne free however I still found your read to be quite informative and interesting. Thanks for the useful info

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey N asha, you have a great blog here. I'am out searching for information on dog training whistle and found your site. News & Comment is not exactly what I am looking for but it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on dog training whistle and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha,
great info on your blog News & Comment I was really looking for information in more detail on acne free however I still found your read to be quite informative and interesting. Thanks for the useful info

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boobs were really ugly after my baby, and I never thought I would see them look nice again. Natural breast enhancement worked for me. It gave me back my looks, my self esteem, and my husband's eyes, they are back on me again. He loves it.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. Love the title, "News & Comment" Come by my site some time. It's got penis enlargement procedure related stuff.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there N asha, I am out searching for information on dog training and found your site. Although News & Comment is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there N asha, I am out searching for information on dog training and found your site. Although News & Comment is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is perfect and nice, we are offering male ejaculation to learn more visit male ejaculation or News & Comment http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html
male ejaculation http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello N asha,

After reading your blog "News & Comment", I believe you will find my site on acne help to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

adult acne information
proactive acne treatment
acne solution
vitamins for acne
acne creams
acne scar removal
acne scar treatment

I have many great articles on all aspects of managing acne skin disorders.

Kind Regards

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is perfect and nice, we are offering music download to learn more visit music download or

News & Comment music download

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Blog. It's nice . If you ever need big willy related stuff, I'm sure you'd be interested in big willy

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice input and I agree too.So much more work to do on free help quit smoking totally workbook.Great blog url,free help quit smoking totally workbook.

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searcing for bad credit home loan mortgage services can be tedious but posts like yours help to re-energize me and keep me looking; even though News & Comment is not an exact match for bad credit home loan mortgage services. I will continue my search and hope to find more gems like this. Keep up the good work.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is perfect and nice, we are offering ejaculation control to learn more visit ejaculation control or News & Comment http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html
ejaculation control http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jelqing I have found a confirmed system any person can implement to very simply enlarge their penis in very little time and effort. I've been able to implement a sizeable gain in size and girth. This product is the most effective I've found online. People just like you obtaining the gains they need with very little effort. Stop stressing about a small cock, low confidence, never leave your mate unsatisfied again, and start living your life the path YOU pick with a bigger, harder, and wider member! - Please visit jelqing

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

penis exercise I have found a verified approach anyone can implement to very easily enlarge their cock in very little time and effort. I've been able to create a substantial gain in size and girth. This product is the most effective I've located online. People just like you attaining the gains they look for with very little struggle. Stop stressing about a miniature penis, dwindling confidence, never leave your mate unsatisfied again, and start living your life the direction YOU decide with a bigger, harder, and wider member! - Please visit penis exercise

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home