Friday, September 24

News & Comment

First Draft on the Bush administration's EPA, and also with a post on how economic indicators fell for the 3rd straight month.

Go to Off The Kuff to find out everything you wanted to know about the DeLay fundraising investigation and local reaction to it. Kuffner has a thorough review of Texas media coverage, as well as a closing summary of the charges and timeline.

Iranian bloggers protest government news crackdowns. Now there's a group of people fighting the good fight.

From Talk Left, Alabama's attorney general convinced the parole board to reverse a parole grant for a prisoner whose prison record is clean, and is in jail for killing the husband who beat her and regularly sodomized her children.

Left Coaster: Parallels between Brazil and Iran regarding nuclear inspections, though no one is darkly hinting that Brazil should now be invaded. Contrary to what you might have been drilled on in government class, there is a fourth branch of Constitutional government.

Also thanks to the Left Coaster, a link to a post by Tristero on how closely (and I'm turning into a nutbar conspiracy theorist as I type this) the recent Republican agenda matches that of the John Birch society on five major points.

Highest icefields will not last 100 years, study finds. This Chinese study finds that the icefields in that country, approximately 15% of global ice pack, are fast disappearing. The likely consequences are initial flooding, followed by drought and desertification.

Millions Blocked From Voting In U.S. Elections:

..."There are individuals and officials who are actively trying to stop people from voting who they think will vote against their party and that nearly always means stopping black people from voting Democratic," said Mary Frances Berry, head of the U.S. Commission on Human Rights.

Vicky Beasley, a field officer for People for the American Way, listed some of the ways voters have been "discouraged" from voting.

"In elections in Baltimore in 2002 and in Georgia last year, black voters were sent fliers saying anyone who hadn't paid utility bills or had outstanding parking tickets or were behind on their rent would be arrested at polling stations. It happens in every election cycle," she said. ...



Finally, go read today's Sideshow and keep reading down the archive until you come to a post you recognize. Avedon has great media deconstruction stories in her link collections as recently posted.

18 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have good content on your blog keep up the good work

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great blog here N asha, searching for information on training older dog has brought me here. Although News & Comment is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on training older dog and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there N asha, I am out searching for information on local dog training and found your site. Although News & Comment is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on local dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there N asha, I dropped in to look over this post because I wanted some info on dog training dummies. I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but I could not find anything about News & Comment specifically. I was looking for information on dog training dummies. Great blog thanks for the read.

4:33 PM  
Blogger safelists said...

Hi N asha, If you would like to send your ad to the best opportunity seekers please click here Safelist Submitter.
http://www.submitterbizz.com
Safelist Submitter

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, what a topic - News & Comment :-) I found this blog because I’ve been seeking for tips and articles related to teen love. By the way, there’s a nice site related to teen love and online personals.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello N asha,
I was doing some research and came across your News & Comment blog. I'm not sure i found everything I needed exactly about acne home treatment however I still found your information very useful so I thought I would say thanks for the info.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello N asha,
Just wanted to say I enjoyed the information you have on your blog News & Comment . It was not quite exactly what I was looking for since my search was for acne remedy however your info was very useful. Thanks again for the helpful read

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here N asha, searching for info on dog training obedience I just stumbled across you. Although News & Comment is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on dog training obedience and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog I intend to bookmark you, thanks for the read.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello N asha,
I was doing some research and came across your News & Comment blog. I'm not sure i found everything I needed exactly about acne remedy however I still found your information very useful so I thought I would say thanks for the info.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there N asha, I dropped in to look over this post because I wanted some info on electronic dog training. I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but I could not find anything about News & Comment specifically. I was looking for information on electronic dog training. Great blog thanks for the read.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N asha,
After searching page after page about natural acne remedy I ran across your blog News & Comment which caught my attention because, of the amount of valuable and informative information you have. Unfortunately this is not exactly what I was looking for, however I enjoyed reading all your information. Thanks for the reading.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. If you are looking for gay penis enlargement related stuff, I'm sure you'd be interested in gay penis enlargement Come check it out if you have time.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is perfect and nice, we are offering premature ejaculation cure to learn more visit premature ejaculation cure or News & Comment http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html
premature ejaculation cure http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello N asha,

After reading your blog "News & Comment", I believe you will find my site on acne help to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

adult acne information
proactive acne treatment
acne solution
vitamins for acne
acne creams
acne scar removal
acne scar treatment

I have many great articles on all aspects of managing acne skin disorders.

Kind Regards

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog ##TITLE## is a great place for treating acne scars. Thanks ##NAME##.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is perfect and nice, we are offering sexual problem to learn more visit sexual problem or News & Comment http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html
sexual problem http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is perfect and nice, we are offering prevent premature ejaculation to learn more visit prevent premature ejaculation or News & Comment http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html
prevent premature ejaculation http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home