Friday, November 26

News & Comment

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, & many blessings to count. And now, for the universal antidote to those warm and fuzzy post-food coma feelings: The News.

The Yellow Doggerel Democrat would like to alert you to the fact that Selective Service and the Department of Education have begun comparing databases. Link thanks to Eschaton.

Speaking of Eschaton: In honor of the holiday we just had, we are pointed to some Native American bloggers. Will a Texas election be overturned by legislative fiat? Finally, don't fall for the red-blue trap.

Making Light tells us that the troops need calling cards. Seriously. A note on emergency preparedness, and in a delightful tribute to creative theology, we are pointed to the Night of the Antinomian.

MyDD: More on the issue of issues. A post on the media framing of the DNC Chair race with a Brand Democrat ad supporting Howard Dean as chair, and also, a scorecard for the kerfuffle thus far. We haven't heard the last from Move America Forward, a front group run by a Republican PR firm that proudly lists the Nicaraguan Contras as former clients. Major companies to avoid if you're a Democrat or progressive. A discussion on the role of the political party.

Juan Cole more background on MEMRI, the organization that threatened to sue him, and on the blog response to the threat. Also, fallout from Fallujah just keeps coming, and we get more casualty reports.

DailyKos: National Guard soldiers preparing for deployment go on record saying that their training is inadequate, and so is the equipment they're likely to have on arriving in Iraq. Numerous studies over many years indicate that everyone is a potential torturer. Apparently, running a one-party state is harder than they thought. An orthopaedic trauma surgeon compares healthcare services in the US vs. the UK. Why ignoring voter suppression is a betrayal of minority voters.

Prometheus 6 shares some of the better excerpts from Bill Maher's New Rules, some alarming info on Asia's demographic time bomb, notes from the tanking of the dollar, and the planned new US passports that has the ACLU concerned about data privacy.

Digby makes a case for lawsuit reform and separation of church and state, explains the relationship between freedom and community, or how the Puritans became Yankees, and shares the history of the long-standing, bipartisan, popular sentiment in support of abolishing the electoral college.

This Western Democrat wrote before it was announced that our squeaker of a governor's race in Washington State would be recounted again, but makes some interesting points on bridging the urban-rural divide.

Feministing: Louisiana's public disservice announcements. A positive protest against violence in Afghanistan. What may be the first gay movie hero, even though they've gone to great pains to downplay it in the promo. The ongoing fight for the right to breastfeed.

How to Save the World on taking action vs. taking responsibility, and how the two concepts are at war with each other in US politics.

A glimpse into the freakish mind of G. Gordon Liddy, Nixon's Watergate thug.

TalkLeft: Racial sentencing disparities have only grown over the years. The general in charge of Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib for the torture has been promoted.

Electrolite shares ten things the Chinese do better.

Ukraine talks about an East-West split, and a Guardian columnist declares western coverage to be hopelessly biased. But while I don't know very much about Ukrainian politics myself, any left of center afficionado of US politics could easily find Colin Powell's pronouncements on the sanctity of the Ukrainian vote count simply hilarious:

..."If the Ukrainian government does not act immediately and responsibly there will be consequences for our relationship, for Ukraine's hopes for a Euro-Atlantic integration and for individuals responsible for perpetrating fraud," Powell said in a briefing at the State Department.

"We have been following developments very closely and are deeply disturbed by the extensive and credible reports of fraud in the election," he added. "We call for a full review of the conduct of the election and the tallying of election results." ...



That's the Republicans for you. Charitably declaring that the citizens of other countries should have it better than we do here at home.

43 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have good content on your blog keep up the good work

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about geographic advertising and wanted to let you know that I am impressed with the information here. I also have a website with an added resource that pertains to geographic advertising so I know that your blog is fantastic. Continue with the great resource that you are providing to everyone on the Net!"

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog. I have found a site on travel asia . You may find it useful at travel asia

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

endless number of these wonderful finds, what with the Internet being a vast network of constantly evolving ideas and all!

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

display your RSS feeds on their web sites for content.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mortgage articles for refinance mortgage home loans

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! What at great blog you have going. I blog about marketing software. I am also offering the eBook "Adsense Empire" to my visitors.... Stop by & get your copy today

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was found your cool blog after browsing through

Warm Regards

Cheap flight

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on poor credit home loan ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to loan matters and poor credit home loan with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.homeloansnationwide.com/Directory

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a site similar to yours. It's related to how to make you r penis bigger

Drop by when you can.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

I've got a site you might be interested in (mine is about penis enlargement research ) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about penis enlargement research related articles and subjects.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site you have here, I bookmarked it! I was looking for small penis enlargement or something like it. Very informative.

I have a small penis enlargement related site.

Check it out when you can. ;)

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. If you are looking for penis enlargement pumps related stuff, I'm sure you'd be interested in penis enlargement pumps Come check it out if you have time.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to penis enlargement set Come by some time.
I very much fancy your site, I bookmarked it! This information is terrific stuff.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I like the blog. I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here. Feel free to check mine out also surgury penis enlargement

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar site connected to potency penis enlargement Come by some time.
I with out a doubt like your site, will book mark it! This post is fine stuff.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting me post, I have came by in search of information. I was told that blogs have some of the best and most relevent information for any given subject. Mine happens to be a sterling silver clasp gift website that has anything from jewelry to horse tack. So I am looking for new products and information based on sterling silver clasp to offer my customers and possibly some good marketing ideas for my website.
I won't steal your content but just looking for good ideas.

Websites that I have and all the work involved in keeping several of them going and updating blogs I am at best posting once a month.

I have enjoyed your blog and am thankfull to be able to sort of pick your brain without actually bothering you. Blogs tend to stand out because a lot of them people don't try and sale so much as to write about things that they enjoy or what they like to do.
Most of which comes out in there writing.

I want to grow and build my website to be the best and know I have much to learn, and fix to even come close.

I have been online for less then a year now so yes we are very young.

We have taken what we love and have turned it into a business.
I hope you come by to visit. I am not trying to sale you anything but would love to here if you have any ideas.

Thank you for your time.
sterling silver clasp

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can i start a blog

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came accross the term "i want to go on atkins low carb diet" the other day and I did not know what it was. When I search for it I found your site. Thought you might find that interesting :)

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found your site.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
78 amphetamine heroin perth
It pretty much covers 78 amphetamine heroin perth related issues.
Have a good day!!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. Great read here.
Cheers �gold quartz jewelry

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Stock Options Trader
option trading

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog. Found your blog while searching for more information at yahoo about free music down loads . Your blog has quite a lot of interesting thoughts. Keep up the good work,

Cheers,
free music down loads

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not long ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diadetes and my doctor told me to lose weight or my life would be shortened by mant years. Being overweight most of my life I knew it was time to get serious.
Link to this site. atkins weight loss diet

5:24 AM  
Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi there, you have a really useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on mortgage washington I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest...now to move on and continue my search for mortgage washington. Thanks for the post.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking around the various blog sites for some time today when I came across your site. I think it is a great looking site and you should be congratulated.

Regards
Cheap Airline Tickets To Italy

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is perfect and nice, we are offering ejaculation to learn more visit ejaculation or News & Comment http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html
ejaculation http://www.manifestingpower.com/premature-ejaculation.html

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! You ever had one of those days where someone pisses you off, but the feeling never goes away? Well, that's what I have been battling today. But somehow, when I get back in touch with myself on the screen, or in my blog, I have a way to blow it off. I can almost see more clearly, or when I go off and find out things about stuff I have a slight interest about, like Mortgage uk calculations, it takes my mind off the stress of things. Oh well, guess it is just one of those days again. Hey, in fact, I'm feeling better already. Cheers!
Mortgage uk calculations

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how these rappers get a rise out of making people react, which is why they write
about the songs they do. They know it's going to get people talking and get a buzz going about
them, but do they care? No way, it's all about the sales and it makes the sales go up when they
make it in the news and have these public groups show up outside concerts and such. If people
would just not feed into the controversial, the sales would probably go down. But then I guess
there would be no one to shock anymore, right? Hehe. Mortgage search uk

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about federal debt consolidation loans.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
federal debt consolidation loans
I wish you all the best!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever found yourself totally immersed in something totally bizarre, like I was with Mortgage refinancing costs uk, and you lost track of time. Like you just kept digging deeper and deeper and getting more into it and then finally looked up at the clock and it was like 6 hours later, but you thought only an hour went by. That is what happened to me today. WOW is all I have to say.
Mortgage refinancing costs uk

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seemed to be a pretty uneventful day. But one thing did stick out in my mind. It was this one site I found on a really weird search engine about Mortgage quotation uk. It is probably not your most common thing search for, but this site sure has a way of giving you the right information. Go ahead, if you like, take a peak. It may just peak your interest. Curiosity could get the best of the cat here. Hehe
Mortgage quotation uk

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! While I was searching for info on 2nd mortgage I somehow landed here. I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for 2nd mortgage. Thanks for the post.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to big willy Come by some time.
I very much fancy your site, I bookmarked it! This information is terrific stuff.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are these blogs all about anyway? I was surfing looking for american home mortgage when I ended up here. Back to the relentless searching for american home mortgage.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a awesome blog!!!!! :-) Have a nice day.
Michael

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading through your blog and experiencing your perspective of things.

Regards,

to ask a question concerning my dog health

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. I love your blog. It had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on weight loss drug and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don�t know how I came across your blog but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don�t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to weight loss drug. I am almost finished with it. Great job.

p.s some very good points on your blog

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy hoodia I have found a proven way anyone can lose weight within a week, without any crazy dieting. This product is a no-nonsense solution for obesity. People just like you are losing weight right now! Stop worrying about being overweight, Start living your life the way YOU want to! - Please visit buy hoodia

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very informative blog. I found everything I needed here. Great content! jobs in massage therapy

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home